Thursday, March 15, 2012

KALI 15 ZA BIGGIE

By 
Well, this is awkward. Earlier today, I was trolling Twitter with snide comments about Biggie's legacy (I declared him "overrated") and now I have to sit here and type out reasons why he's still one of the greatest rappers to ever breathe on a microphone. Biggie usually enjoys blind adulation due, in part, to his untimely passing. Still, only a fool will deny his preternatural rhyming ability, his unparalleled flow, his larger-than-life charisma, his generation-spanning influence. And yes, I've doled out my own share of praise to Brooklyn's finest, but I've never bought into the GOAT argument. There is one thing we can all agree on -- the man made timeless music in the short time he had here on earth. Here's what I believe to be Biggie's 15 greatest songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment